Many public libraries have access to the NOLO legal series. They have a sub-series on Landlord-Tenant laws and Tenant’s Rights.

Foreclosure Help: If you know anyone struggling to pay their mortgage or already in foreclosure proceedings, they may be eligible for a loan modification. Government funding for foreclosure relief WILL be affected come January, so getting in to see a housing counselor as soon as possible is the best thing to do. They are free and offer unbiased help. To find one in your area, go to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website to locate a HUD certified housing counseling agency: www.HUD.gov

If you’re a low-income homeowner, many cities offer home rehabilitation grants or low-/no-interest loans for home rehab through federal funding (such as CDBG and/or HOME). These funds may likely be severely reduced under the incoming Congress. Apply now if you need emergency home rehab (such as heat and/or weatherization) and trust your city government to be a helpful resource.

Planning for a Trump Administration When You're Not A Straight Rich White Dude